NBC eyeing Paul Reiser pilot
Reiser wrote, would star in comedy based on his family life
NBC is finalizing a deal for a pilot order to a single-camera comedy project from "Mad About You" star and co-creator Paul Reiser and Warner Bros. TV.
The project, which Reiser penned on spec, is said to be in the vein of "Curb Your Enthusiasm" and star Reiser in a show based on his real-life family life.
Reiser, who has penned at least one additional script, is exec producing with Jonathan Shapiro ("Life").
Since "Mad" ended its seven-year run on NBC in 1992, Reiser has made a couple of attempts to return to series television, mainly behind the camera.
He wrote two comedy pilots for CBS, an untitled 2002 project starring Bobby Cannavale and the 2007 project "Atlanta" starring Freddie Prinze Jr. He was also behind microseries "Lovebites" for TBS.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR