NBC Orders 'Howie Mandel's White Elephant' Game Show
The network has ordered seven episodes of the series based on the popular holiday activity.
Howie Mandel is trading briefcases for presents.
From the network that brought viewers Deal or No Deal comes Howie Mandel's White Elephant. NBC has ordered seven episodes of the unscripted series based on the popular holiday game.
In every episode, six contestants will select one package from a collection of wrapped gifts containing millions of dollars in prizes. Each contestant will then have to decide whether to steal a previously revealed prize or take a gamble that the unopened box is worth more. The contestant holding the least valuable prize at the end of each round will be eliminated.
Mandel will serve as the series’ host as well as executive producer alongside Alevy Productions’ Mike Marks. A premiere date has not been set as filming has yet to begin.
Next month, Mandel will reappear at the judges’ table for NBC's summer series America’s Got Talent alongside Sharon Osbourne and newcomer Howard Stern. He previously appeared on the network's hidden camera series, Howie Do It.
Mandel is repped by WME, 3 Arts and Edelstein, Laird & Sobel.
Email: Lacey.Rose@THR.com; Twitter: @LaceyVRose
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)