NBC's 'Love In The Wild' Is Getting a Dutch Edition
RTL 5 commissions Endemol Netherlands will make a version of the reality competition.
LONDON -- The U.S. reality series Love in the Wild, originally created and produced by Endemol USA for NBC, has been commissioned by the Dutch channel RTL 5.
RTL 5 commissioned eight episodes from Endemol Netherlands, marking the first non-U.S. production of the format for Endemol.
The show challenges single men and women looking for love to take on adrenaline-fuelled quests together in a tropical paradise.
It completed its second season on NBC this summer and the U.S. version has so far been distributed to 90 countries internationally.
The deal was inked on the eve of the international television market MIPCOM scheduled to begin in Cannes next month.
Endemol also said the format for social media dating series Coming Soon: Love has been sold to Net 5 in a deal that will see Endemol Netherlands produce 10 primetime episodes launching in October.
The format sees a web-based community of celebrity women embarking on a journey to find love while sharing intimate secrets about their dates and love lives 24/7 via webcams in their homes.
Endemol acquired worldwide rights to Coming Soon: Love last year from Keshet Broadcasting and Ephrati Productions in Israel, where it outperformed the broadcaster’s market share by 11 percent and increased its female audience by more than 100 percent.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR