NBC orders D.L. Hughley game show pilot
NBC is piloting a game show hosted by actor-comedian D.L. Hughley, teaming with ITV Studios on a program called "Who's Bluffing Who?"
In the show, contestants try to bluff their way into winning a half-million dollars. The project is created and executive produced by Jeff Apploff,cq who executive produced "Don't Forget the Lyrics."
For each episode, seven contestants will use their knowledge and deceptive talents -- and even steal one another's money -- in order to advance in the game as they are gradually reduced to a single winner.
ITV Studios ("Hell's Kitchen," "Celebrity Fit Club") and NBC will co-produce the pilot, which is one of a couple of truth-spotting game shows in the works. ABC is piloting Mark Burnett's "Trust Me, I'm a Game Show Host," where contestants try to spot which of two hosts are lying.
One of "The Original Kings of Comedy," Hughley was the star of the ABC sitcom "The Hughleys" and was recently a correspondent for "The Jay Leno Show." He's repped by ICM.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR