NBC orders D.L. Hughley game show pilot
NBC is piloting a game show hosted by actor-comedian D.L. Hughley, teaming with ITV Studios on a program called "Who's Bluffing Who?"
In the show, contestants try to bluff their way into winning a half-million dollars. The project is created and executive produced by Jeff Apploff,cq who executive produced "Don't Forget the Lyrics."
For each episode, seven contestants will use their knowledge and deceptive talents -- and even steal one another's money -- in order to advance in the game as they are gradually reduced to a single winner.
ITV Studios ("Hell's Kitchen," "Celebrity Fit Club") and NBC will co-produce the pilot, which is one of a couple of truth-spotting game shows in the works. ABC is piloting Mark Burnett's "Trust Me, I'm a Game Show Host," where contestants try to spot which of two hosts are lying.
One of "The Original Kings of Comedy," Hughley was the star of the ABC sitcom "The Hughleys" and was recently a correspondent for "The Jay Leno Show." He's repped by ICM.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David