NBC picks up Adam Carolla pilot
Comedy stars the writer/radio host as a divorced contractor
NBC has given a pilot order to an untitled comedy starring Adam Carolla.
The single-camera project hails from Universal Media Studios, BermanBraun and Jackhole Industries, Carolla's company with his longtime friend, talk show host Jimmy Kimmel.
In it, the writer/radio host plays a contractor who embarks on rebuilding his life after a divorce.
Carolla co-wrote the pilot with Kevin Hench, who has worked with him and Kimmel on Comedy Central's "The Man Show" and "Too Late With Adam Carolla."
The two are executive producing with Jon Pollack ("30 Rock"), Kimmel, Gail Berman and Lloyd Braun as well as Carolla and Kimmel's manager James Dixon and Jackhole's Daniel Kellison.
This is the second consecutive comedy pilot for Carolla, Hench, Berman, Braun and Kimmel.
Last year, the four exec produced the multicamera CBS pilot "Ace in the Hole," which Carolla starred in and co-wrote with Hench. The project was produced by BermanBraun, Jackhole and CBS Studios.
The Carolla project is the first comedy pilot for NBC this season. The network plans to pick up 18 pilots this season -- 10 dramas and eight comedies. It is already filming drama pilot "Rex Is Not Your Lawyer," also from BermanBraun, and is casting the J.J. Abrams hourlong pilot "Undercovers."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR