NBC PR Vet Rebecca Marks Re-Ups at the Network
After a period of great change marked by multiple departures under NBC's new ownership, the long-running PR executive will stay put at the network.
Despite management changes that saw many of Rebecca Marks' former colleagues depart, NBC's PR vet will remain with the network.
Marks has served as executive vp, NBC entertainment publicity since 2004, running point as the network has had to overcome such PR hurdles as Conan O'Brien's late night departure and multiple shakeups in the executive ranks (Kevin Reilly, Ben Silverman and Jeff Gaspin were all in and out during her tenure). She will continue to oversee all day-to-day publicity efforts for NBC's primetime, latenight and daytime programming, as well as the network's photo and talent relations departments.
"Very simply, the prospect of assembling a first rate PR team who will shephed NBC's media profile and brand successfully into the future didn't seem complete without the extraordinary expertise and energy of Rebecca," says her boss, executive vp of commmunications Richard Licata, who followed former Showtime honcho Bob Greenblatt to the broadcast network last summer.
The announement comes as NBC is readying the launch of its spring hopefuls, notably the second season return of breakout hit The Voice and the entry of highly-anticipated musical drama Smash. Both programs will premiere in early February, a strategy that allows for maximum promotion coming out of the Super Bowl.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 5 Reasons The 'Broad City' Women Are The Stoner Heroines You've Been Waiting For
- Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez's Sexy Dance Probably Means They're Dating Again
- Eva Tamargo Of 'Tyler Perry's The Haves And The Have Nots' Explains Why She Likes Being A TV Villain (VIDEO)
- U2 Album Delay Rumors Denied By Band's Rep
- Lena Dunham to 'Glamour': I Don't Know if I Want to Continue Acting
- Kit Harington's Muscles Bulge Out of His Shirt for 'Men's Health UK' April 2014
- Eva Longoria & Oprah Winfrey Support Maria Shriver at 'Paycheck to Paycheck' Screening!
- Rosario Dawson & America Ferrera Are Feeling Blue at 'Cesar Chavez' SXSW Premiere!