NBC Promotes Late Night, Specials Veteran Doug Vaughan
Following a top-rated Golden Globes telecast, Vaughan has been upped to executive vp special programs and late-night programing, adding such programs as "The Tonight Show" to his purview.
NBC has elevated Doug Vaughan to executive vp special programs and late-night programing.
As part of the new role, the veteran New York-based exec will add The Tonight Show With Jay Leno to a purview that already includes Saturday Night Live, Late Night With Jimmy Fallon and Last Call With Carson Daly. Vaughan will remain responsible for NBC's specials and now will serve as a liaison between the network's news and entertainment divisions.
“Doug is in a league of his own when it comes to putting together and nurturing NBC’s entertaining and successful brand of specials,” said Paul Telegdy, NBC's alternative and late-night programming president, to whom Vaughan will continue to report. “With his experience, versatility in programming and keen eye for worthy projects, he has been a vital asset in overseeing our specials and late night programming and is well-deserving of these responsibilities and recognition."Vaughan, who most recently oversaw both the high-rated Golden Globes telecast as well as the star-studded Hurricane Sandy: Coming Together telethon, had served as a senior vp since late 2011. Prior to that, he spent some four years as a senior vp special programs and alternative at the network. During his tenure, he has overseen such Peacock specials as Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, The Miss Universe Pageant and the recent Blake Shelton’s Not-So-Family Christmas. In 1993, Vaughan became a senior entertainment and arts producer at the Today show. By 2000, he had been upped to supervising producer, where he was tasked with originating story and program ideas as well as supervising all entertainment segments.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)