NBC sets 'Jensen' with P&G, Wal-Mart
Kellie Martin, Patricia Richardson among cast members
Two months before the premiere of NBC's two-hour movie/backdoor pilot "Secrets of the Mountain," the network has teamed with Procter & Gamble and Wal-Mart for another project, "The Jensen Project."
Like "Secrets," the tentatively titled "Jensen" will be funded by P&G, produced by Canada-based Muse Entertainment and air on NBC as a time buy.
Kellie Martin, Brady Smith, Patricia Richardson and LeVar Burton have been tapped to star in "Jensen," written by Monica Macer and to be directed by Douglas Barr.
Set in 1988, it revolves around 12 geniuses who move to an isolated spot in the Allegheny Mountains to form the Jensen Project. For 20 years, the group spend their time inventing ways to fix the world's problems and then share their discoveries freely and anonymously with the world. But when a few decide to take their latest invention, cash in and make names for themselves, it launches a cross-country race as the others try to stop them.
Production on "Jensen" is slated to begin Monday in Montreal. Joel Rice, Jeff Grant and Brian Wells are exec producing.
"Secrets of the Mountain" is slated to air April 16.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Third Person' Trailer Shows Mila Kunis, Olivia Wilde, Liam Neeson Feeling Everything
- AMC's Hit Reality Show 'Small Town Security' Is Back For Season 3
- Bride Gives Groom 'Ghostbusters' Cake, Proves That She's A Keeper
- Ted Neeley, Original 'Jesus Christ Superstar,' Hopes Pope Francis Will Come To The Musical