NBC Spends Big to Lure Smash Viewers
6:00 AM PST 1/31/2012 by Marisa Guthrie, Lacey Rose
Budget-busting marketing counters fears that a Broadway drama might be too niche.
Beer-guzzling NFL fans might have been a tad confused when they tuned in to Sunday Night Football in recent weeks and saw promo after promo for NBC's Broadway-themed drama Smash.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Director Bruno Dumont Lectures on Cinema at the Marrakesh International Film Festival: "Break Cliches!"
- Benedict Cumberbatch And Jennifer Lawrence Are The King And Queen Of Tumblr
- This Photo Of Blue Ivy Carter Will Make You Smile
- Phil Collins Is Working On New Music For First Time Since 2010 Retirement