'Parks and Rec's' Nick Offerman Strips to Alpaca Shorts for New NBCU Green PSAs (Exclusive Video)
"Rock Center's" Brian Williams also gets in on the action with NBCUniversal's "The More You Know" spots.
NBCUniversal is debuting new "The More You Know" PSAs as part of the fifth year of its green initiative, Green is Universal, and its annual Green Week from Nov. 13 to Nov. 20.
Above, The Hollywood Reporter has a first look at Parks and Recreation star Nick Offerman and Rock Center anchor Brian Williams’ spots for the campaign and some fun behind the scenes on the shooting of the PSAs, some of which will be sponsored by the Glad Products Company during Green Week.
The theme for this year is “Mugs Saves Trees.” The Green is Universal campaign highlights the fact that switching to reusable mugs and cups instead of disposable ones could save nine million trees each year.
“Since launching Green is Universal five years ago, we’ve aimed to promote personal, practical ways people can make small lifestyle changes which have a collective positive impact on the environment,” says NBCUniversal’s SVP of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability, Beth Colleton.
“This year’s ‘Mugs Save Trees’ promotion does just that by highlighting the fact that millions of trees can be saved annually simply by switching to a reusable cup.”
During Green Week, the campaign will serve free coffee at coffee carts and coffee shops during the mornings in New York City, Los Angeles, and Chicago, as well as distribute reusable coffee mugs while supplies last. Visit the initative's website for locations.
The initiative is also holding a contest on its Facebook page where people can upload their own "mugs" – photos of themselves holding their reusable mugs. Participants will be entered into a contest with prizes including mugs signed by NBCUniversal talent and a grand prize trip to Universal Hollywood.
And in New York City, Rockefeller Center visitors can view a 3-D art installation illustrating “The Life of a Paper Cup” on display in the window of the NBC Experience Store.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10