'Easy A's' Will Gluck, 'SNL' Writer Sell Father-Daughter Comedy to NBC (Exclusive)
The Sony project, penned by "Saturday Night Live" scribe Jessi Klein, will explore the complicated dynamic between fathers and daughters.
Will Gluck continues his selling spree.
NBC has ordered another script from the The Easy A and Friends with Benefits director, marking his Oliver Bridge Entertainment's seventh sale this development season.
The untitled single-camera comedy hails from Saturday Night Live scribe Jessi Klein, who will write and executive produce. The project, from Mosaic and Olive Bridge in association with Sony Pictures TV, explores the vibrant yet fraught relationship that exists between fathers and daughters, as inspired by writer Klein's relationship with her colorful dad.
Mosaic's Jimmy Miller, Sam Hansen and Gluck will join Klein as non-writing executive producers.
Klein, who sold a romantic comedy to Universal, is repped by UTA and Mosaic; Gluck, whose other recent sales include an ensemble comedy Walk of Shame (at ABC) and an untitled mocumentary (at NBC), is repped by UTA and Sloan Offer.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR