'Easy A's' Will Gluck, 'SNL' Writer Sell Father-Daughter Comedy to NBC (Exclusive)
The Sony project, penned by "Saturday Night Live" scribe Jessi Klein, will explore the complicated dynamic between fathers and daughters.
Will Gluck continues his selling spree.
NBC has ordered another script from the The Easy A and Friends with Benefits director, marking his Oliver Bridge Entertainment's seventh sale this development season.
The untitled single-camera comedy hails from Saturday Night Live scribe Jessi Klein, who will write and executive produce. The project, from Mosaic and Olive Bridge in association with Sony Pictures TV, explores the vibrant yet fraught relationship that exists between fathers and daughters, as inspired by writer Klein's relationship with her colorful dad.
Mosaic's Jimmy Miller, Sam Hansen and Gluck will join Klein as non-writing executive producers.
Klein, who sold a romantic comedy to Universal, is repped by UTA and Mosaic; Gluck, whose other recent sales include an ensemble comedy Walk of Shame (at ABC) and an untitled mocumentary (at NBC), is repped by UTA and Sloan Offer.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Captain America' Conquers Box Office For Third Straight Week
- Jordin Sparks' Wears A Bikini To The Opening Of Tao Beach, Jason Derulo Joins Her In Gym Clothes
- Watch Bruce Springsteen Cover Van Morrison's 'Brown Eyed Girl'
- Patrick Stewart And Ian McKellen Play The Newlywed Game, Continue Being The Internet's Most Adorable Sirs
- Justin Bartha & Lia Smith Reportedly Welcome Baby Girl!
- Idina Menzel Sings 'Take Me or Leave Me' with Two Lucky Fans for Charity - Watch Now!
- Vanessa Hudgens Sees Hearts While Dancing at Coachella!
- 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Tops Easter Weekend Box Office While Johnny Depp's 'Transcendence' Fails to Impress