NBC Greenlights Best Friend Comedy From 'Will & Grace' Scribe (Exclusive)
Kari Lizer is a step closer to returning to the network with a project centered on two best friends, one of whom gets married.
NBC is hitching itself to Kari Lizer.
Her still untitled comedy project, which hails from Warner Brothers Television, has been ordered to pilot.
The multicamera project revolves around two friends, Nicole and Jen, who lead vastly different lives who can't live without one another. Nicole has a perfect family and a trouble-free pregnancy, while Jen has a strained relationship with her family, trouble with men and gained weight while on a diet.
The half-hour marks the Will & Grace EP's return to NBC, where she had a workplace comedy starring Sarah Paulson in contention last year.
It joins The Frontier as well as a pair of Peter Traugott projects, which were ordered to pilot earlier today.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR