NBC'S 5 Biggest Lessons From London
Twitter venom and tape-delay gaffes mean little as record ratings and surprising digital numbers power Games success.
The games of the 30th Olympiad have been a study in opposites: In online chatter, NBC is being ripped for tape-delayed TV coverage and a series of perceived errors. Yet ratings are setting records, allowing NBCUniversal CEO Steve Burke to declare that the company's $1.2 billion investment in the Games might actually break even compared with an anticipated $200 million loss. THR analyzes the five biggest takeaways from NBCU's coverage.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR