NBC's Jeff Gaspin to Join MGM Board
Departing network exec will join a nine-member group that includes former Pixar and CBS CFOs, former MySpace president, and shareholder representatives.
MGM’s board of directors will have another new member soon: NBC Universal Television Entertainment Chairman Jeff Gaspin. That’s according to an NBC source, who spoke to THR on condition of anonymity.
Gaspin’s expected to leave his network job when the Comcast-NBC Universal merger closes in January.
The nine-member post-bankruptcy board will also include former Pixar CFO Ann Mather (who serves as lead director), former CBS CFO Fred Reynolds, former MySpace President Jason Hirschhorn, and MGM co-CEOs Gary Barber and Roger Birnbaum, as well as representatives of MGM’s largest shareholders.
MGM had no comment and a voicemail left with Gaspin’s office was not immediately returned.
The Los Angeles Times first reported that Gaspin was in talks regarding the board seat.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 67th Edition
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Will Hillary & Bill Clinton's Daughter Chelsea Be Running for Office?
- Zac Efron Gives a Lap Dance, Admits to 'Plowing' Lots of Chicks in Comedy Central Funny Video - Watch Now!
- Miley Cyrus Will 'Remain Hospitalized' After 'Extreme' Reaction to Sinus Infection Antibiotics
- Taylor Swift Steps Out for Ingrid Michaelson Concert in Brooklyn!