NBCUniversal Inks Movie Deal with Viasat for Russia, CIS
The multi-year deal includes titles such as “Ted,” “The Lorax” and “The Bourne Legacy.”
NBCUniversal International Television Distribution has signed a multi-year licensing deal with Modern Times Group's Viasat Broadcasting, for Viasat's pay TV and SVOD operations in Russia, Ukraine and the CIS.
The agreement includes top first-run titles in NBCUniversal's recent movie slate, among them Ted, The Bourne Legacy, Snow White and the Huntsman, The Lorax and Safe House as well as a large number of library titles.
The films will go out on MTG's premium movie channels and on its SVOD platforms across the region.
MTG now has content deals with four of the Hollywood majors for pay channels in the territories, having previously signed multi-year agreements with Sony, Fox and Warner Bros.
Separately, Viasat on Monday (Dec. 3) launched a new pay TV channel package in Russia together with local telco group Rostelecom, which will make Viasat's premium movie, comedy and documentary channels available to Rostelcom's interactive TV subscribers.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR