NBCUniversal International Television Names Chris Shaw to Global Ad Sales Post
As senior vp, he will focus on optimizing advertising sales for the entertainment conglomerate's international TV business.
LONDON - NBCUniversal's NBCUniversal International Television has named Chris Shaw to the post of senior vp, global ad sales for its channels unit. He will be charged with optimizing advertising sales for the entertainment conglomerate's growing international TV business.
In the newly created position that is based in London, Shaw will work with local ad sales teams "to drive revenues and maximize opportunities for advertisers across NBCUniversal International’s core pay TV brands," the company said. He reports to Duccio Donati, executive vp, Universal Networks International.
“NBCUniversal International’s channel brands have huge potential in every market where we have a presence," Shaw said. "I’m thrilled to be in a position to optimize our ad sales by working closely with our territory experts to drive revenue growth and identify new business opportunities."
“Chris’ breadth of experience and innovative approach to driving commercial results is integral to the growth of our portfolio of channel brands around the world," said Donati. "His leadership will support the work of each of our local teams as we focus on strengthening the presence of NBCUniversal International Television’s global brands with advertisers."
Comcast owns 51 percent of NBCUniversal.
Shaw most recently was managing director at media consultancy Up From the Skies and senior vp, commercial development, EMEA for Discovery Communications Europe. Before that, he was head of commercial strategy for American Idol producer 19 Entertainment.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)