Stacy Keach Hosts Earliest-Ever Oscar Screening For 'Nebraska' in Malibu
The summer beach crowd of more than 150 was heavy on Academy members, including Hawk Koch, Jane Seymour and the pic's co-stars, Bruce Dern and Will Forte.
This story first appeared in the Sept. 13 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
Early bird catches an Oscar?
Nebraska, Alexander Payne's paean to the Midwest, was feted with a rather advance pre-Labor Day Academy screening and shindig in Malibu on Aug. 24. Hosted by Paramount and Nebraska co-star Stacy Keach, the affair drew in a summer beach crowd of more than 150, primarily Academy members.
After the screening at the Regal Malibu Twin, the audience, which included former Academy president Hawk Koch, Jane Seymour and Nebraska stars Bruce Dern and Will Forte, decamped to nearby Taverna Tony for lunch.
Says Academy attendee Tamara Rawitt, a TV and film producer, "It was a very strategic strike to bring the movie to a captive A-list audience."
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ultimate Warrior Autopsy Finds Wrestler Died Of Cardiovascular Disease
- The Final Trailer For 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past Is A Traveler Of Both Time & Space
- A Conversation with The Both's Aimee Mann & Ted Leo, Plus A Quick Chat with Dolly Parton
- 'True Detective' Meets 'The Family Circus' Is Pure Evil Genius
- Brant Daugherty & Ian Harding Support a Good Cause at the Road To Hope Charity Benefit!
- Leonardo DiCaprio Wrestles a Friend at Coachella & Loses Badly (Video)
- Lily Aldridge's Toned Tummy is Why You Should Hit the Gym Now!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Change Outfits for Australia Arrival with Prince George!