Neil Diamond Adds Two Shows at L.A.'s Greek Theatre
The Aug. 18 and 23 dates are part of a four-night celebration of the 40th anniversary of the mini-residency that spawned his 1972 live album "Hot August Night."
August just got hotter for Neil Diamond fans.
The veteran singer-songwriter has added a pair of dates — Aug. 18 and 23 — to his midsummer run at the Greek Theatre in Los Angeles. The shows mark the 40th anniversary of his famed mini-residency at the venue that spawned the hit live album Hot August Night. The first two announced shows, Aug. 11 and 16, are sellouts.
Hot off his No. 1 single “Song Sung Blue,” Diamond’s popularity was at a zenith when he played a string of 10 sold-out concerts at the 5,800-seat Greek in August 1972. The Aug. 24 show was recorded for the double LP Hot August Night, which became his best-selling album to date in the U.S. and remains a fan favorite. It also was a hit overseas, especially in Australia, where it was No. 1 for more than half a year.
Tickets for the Aug. 18 and 23 shows produced by Nederlander Concerts go on sale at 10 a.m. Monday, March 19, via Ticketmaster and at the Greek box office. It will be the first time Diamond, 71, has played the 81-year-old outdoor venue since 1986. A mid-’70s stint there also led to another live album, 1977’s double-platinum Love at the Greek.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws