Neil Diamond Engaged to Manager Katie McNeil
The singer broke the news via a Twitter post in which he declared he was "lovestruck."
Neil Diamond is ready to tie the knot for the third time.
The singer announced via Twitter Wednesday that he was engaged to his manager, Katie McNeil. He wrote, "Good news coming from sunny LA/ and you're the first I want to tell/ Katie & I just got engaged/ and I hope you wish us well."
Diamond also posted a picture of his new fiance declaring, "I'd like you to meet Katie. I'm lovestruck. I took this photo in London last month."
McNeil executive produced the 2009 documentary about the singer Neil Diamond: Hot August Night NYC. Her other, mostly music-centric credits include Motley Crue: Carnival of Sins, Heart: Alive in Seattle, Public Enemy Live from the House of Blues and Tonight at the House of Blues.
Diamond's first marriage was to Jayne Posner. His second marriage to Marcia Murphy ended in 1995. He has two children from each marriage.
Diamond, whose hits include "Sweet Caroline," "America," "Song Sung Blue" in addition to a starring role in 1980's The Jazz Singer, is among this year's recipients of Kennedy Center Honors. He will be honored alongside Meryl Streep, singer Barbara Cook, jazz musician Sonny Rollins, and cellist Yo-Yo Ma at the Dec. event.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Aerosmith's 'Dream On' Performed To Honor Boston Marathon Victims And Survivors (VIDEO)
- Bryan Singer Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Underage Boy
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"