Neil Diamond Weds Manager Katie McNeil
The nuptials mark the third marriage for the "Sweet Caroline" singer, 71, as he prepares for a cross-country tour this summer.
Life is sweet for Neil Diamond: the 71-year-old singer wed for the third time Saturday.
Diamond announced his engagement to one of his managers, Katie McNeil, 42, on Twitter last September. "Good news coming from Sunny LA/ and you're the first I want to tell/Katie and I just got engaged/and I hope you wish us well," he wrote.
The two married in a private, intimate ceremony in L.A., according to People magazine.
This is the first marriage for McNeil and the third for Diamond. The "Sweet Caroline" singer has two daughters from his first marriage to high school sweetheart Jayne Posner and two sons from his second marriage to production assistant Marcia Murphey.
When Diamond and Murphey split in 1995, the resulting settlement was an estimated $150 million, the second-highest celebrity divorce settlement according to Forbes (basketballer Michael Jordan's split from Juanita Vanoy cost a reported $168 million).
Catch the newlywed in concert this summer; Diamond is preparing for a cross-country summer tour, kicking off June 1 in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, and wrapping up September 1 in Las Vegas.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR