Neil Patrick Harris to host Emmys
Previously hosted the Tony Awards in June
CBS announced the worst-kept secret in TV today: "How I Met Your Mother" co-star Neil Patrick Harris has been tapped to host the 61st Primetime Emmy Awards.
"We already knew Neil as a fantastic actor and performer, but after blowing everyone away as host of this year's Tony Awards, we couldn't think of anyone better to emcee the television industry's biggest award show," said Nina Tassler, president, CBS Entertainment. "He is not only engaging as a host, but has great instincts when it comes to live television."
CBS will telecast the Emmys on Sept. 20. The event is being produced by Don Mischer Production and will be broadcast live from the Nokia Theatre. Emmy nominations will be announced Thursday.
"I'm looking forward to the challenge of the show -- adding my own voice to it, while honoring the nominees and the entire year in television," Harris said. "But which voice to choose? I'm torn between gangsta, foppish Brit, and robot. Really proud of my robot. We'll see what happens on the night."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR