Neil Patrick Harris to Host Tony Awards for Third Time
The "How I Met Your Mother" star returns to emcee and produce the ceremony on June 10.
The Tony Awards is recruiting Neil Patrick Harris to emcee the ceremony for a third time.
Harris previously hosted the awards ceremony in 2011 and 2009, the year Billy Elliot won best musical and Bret Michaels suffered a jaw-dropping head trauma onstage (recall: the video footage).
As he did last year, the star of CBS' How I Met Your Mother and sometime stage actor will produce the Tonys alongside Ricky Kirshner and Glenn Weiss of White Cherry Entertainment.
"I'm thrilled to be part of this year's Tony Awards," Harris said. "Not only will I be shining a spotlight on the best that Broadway has to offer, but hopefully I'll score some free house seats to a show -- or five!"
The 2012 event, in its 66th year, will be broadcast live from the Beacon Theater in New York on June 10 at 8 p.m. ET.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR