Nelvana Inks Babar Deal With Entertainment One
Entertainment One is to release the classic kids series on DVD, starting this Fall.
TORONTO – Canadian cartoon producer Nelvana has handed indie distributor Entertainment One the North American DVD and digital rights to its Babar series and its new CG animated series Babar and the Adventures of Badou for Disney Junior.
The agreement gives Entertainment One the U.S. and Canadian rights for 78 episodes of the classic Babar series and three stand-alone features.
The Toronto-based distributor plans to release an initial three Babar DVDs in the Fall, ahead of Babar and the Adventures of Badou DVDs reaching the kids market next year.
Babar and the Adventures of Badou updates the classic Babar series, and is a Canada-France co-production between Nelvana Studio and TeamTO, in association with The Clifford Ross Company.
Babar and the Adventures of Badou now airs in Canada, Britain, Germany, Latin America, Australia, Scandinavia, Spain, Italy and Japan.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR