Netflix Putting 100 Stars In Subscriber’s Eyes
DVD service offers promotion that will send a few subscribers to annual Oscar party in Beverly Hills and pay for them to shop for a new outfit on Rodeo Drive.
Actors Ron Perlman, Richard Dreyfuss, Bop Derek and John Ratzenberger, along with singers Toni Braxton and Kenny (Babyface) Edmonds, director Garry Marshall and Netflix are among those take part in Norby Walters 22nd Annual Night of 100 Stars Awards Gala celebrating the 84th Academy Awards.
The company that delivers DVD’s by mail and streams video isn’t actually coming to the Beverly Hills Hotel for the Oscar night event, but it is sending guests. Netflix is doing a promotion that will allow a few of their subscribers to win a trip to attend the party, stay in the Four Seasons Hotel for five days, visit a celebrity stylist and be taken shopping on Rodeo Drive to purchase an outfit to wear to the party – all on Netflix.
Highlights from the event will be streamed live again. This year the streaming is being done by Beverly Hills Courier TV, and will be shown on FoxNews.com.
Walters also announced plans this year to offer guests cocktails named after the Oscar nominees, prepared by the Beverly Hills Hotel’s mixologist. Among the choices will be “The Moneyball,” which is a gimlet made with Hangar One Vodka and Lime Juice Cordial severed over an ice ball.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Catherine Deneuve Kicks Off Rendez-vous With French Cinema
- Fresh Off His Oscar Win, 'Gravity' Director Alfonso Cuaron Turns To TV With 'Believe'
- 'The Dog' Filmmakers On Finding The Real-Life 'Dog Day Afternoon' Guy
- 'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram