Netflix Adds Hasbro Titles to Streaming Service
In 2012, users of the subscription service watched 2 billion hours of children's programming.
Netflix added a couple of shows from Hasbro Studios to its list of streaming TV titles through an extension of an existing agreement, the two companies said Thursday.
Under terms of the deal, Netflix becomes the exclusive, over-the-top streaming destination for Kaijudo: Rise of the Duel Masters, available today, as well as Littlest Pet Shop, which is expected in the summer.
Netflix also remains the streaming home for three other Hasbro shows: My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic, Transformers Prime and Transformers Rescue Bots.
The episodes of the five shows are available for streaming on-demand at Netflix one month after the finale of each series airs on TV's The Hub Network.
The new agreement also makes several Hasbro shows available for the first time to Netflix subscribers in Canada.
In 2012, Netflix users streamed 2 billion hours of children's programming, the company said Thursday.
"In a very competitive field, Hasbro Studios has risen to become a major content player with shows that kids watch and families trust," said Netflix chief content officer Ted Sarandos.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR