Netflix CEO Reed Hastings to Receive Big Pay Increase in 2013
Chief content officer Ted Sarandos will also get a higher salary.
Netflix CEO Reed Hastings will get higher compensation in 2013 -- $4 million after $2 million in 2012.
He chose his salary to be $2 million, up from $500,000, and his stock options allowance to be $2 million, the online streaming company said in a regulatory filing Friday.
Last year, he got stock options worth $1.5 million, half of what he had received in 2011. It was the lowest amount of options Hastings received since 2009. His salary back then stayed unchanged at $500,000.
Chief content officer Ted Sarandos' total compensation rises to $4 million in 2013 from $2.8 million in 2012. He chose to get $2.2 million of that in salary. His stock options allowance remains unchanged at $1.8 million.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack