Netflix Names Chief Business Development Officer
The subscription-movie company promotes four-year veteran Bill Holmes.
Netflix said Thursday it has promoted Bill Holmes to chief business development officer, a newly created role.
Holmes, who joined Netflix in 2008 from Divx, had been vp business develpment in charge of global partnerships across several industries.
Netflix credited the executive with arranging Internet streaming partnerships with Apple, Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony and others.
"Bill has helped make Netflix the killer app for the world's leading electronics companies," CEO Reed Hastings said. "In doing so, Netflix is now available on millions of devices in over 25 million households in more than 50 countries."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR