Is Netflix Good for Hollywood?
Its friends in the business might soon outnumber its foes as the subscription giant inhales content at breathtaking speed.
Disgusted that a video rental store raked him over the coals for returning a movie late, Reed Hastings created Netflix. Seventeen million subscribers later, some people probably wish a clerk would have just refunded the man his 40 bucks.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Carrie Underwood Says Her 'Sound Of Music' Haters 'Need Jesus'
- Danny Glover Recalls Nelson Mandela While Receiving Career Achievement Award In Bahamas
- Anne Hathaway In 'Sound Of Music Live'? Von Trapp Family Reveal Their Ideal Choice For Maria
- Ellen DeGeneres' Kim-And-Kanye-Themed Christmas Card Is 'Bound 2' Make You Smile