Netflix Makes Lionsgate U.K. Streaming Deal Official
The U.S. video streaming giant confirms it will be streaming classic movie titles like "Dirty Dancing" and "Blair Witch Project" when it launches in the U.K. and Ireland early next year.
TORONTO - Netflix will be streaming Lionsgate movie titles like Dirty Dancing and Blair Witch Project when it launches in the U.K. and Ireland early in 2012, the online video streaming giant confirmed Monday.
But Netflix gave no indication of its pricing or schedule for its next international roll out after Canada, indicating only a “low” monthly fee for its upcoming U.K. and Ireland subscription service.
The multi-year deal with Lionsgate U.K. will see Netflix stream movie titles from the Vancouver-based mini-studio on TV sets, tablets, game consoles and computers.
Netflix announced in October that it expand to the U.K. and Ireland markets early next year, where it will meet competition from locals Lovefilm and Blinkbox.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack