Netflix Makes Lionsgate U.K. Streaming Deal Official
The U.S. video streaming giant confirms it will be streaming classic movie titles like "Dirty Dancing" and "Blair Witch Project" when it launches in the U.K. and Ireland early next year.
TORONTO - Netflix will be streaming Lionsgate movie titles like Dirty Dancing and Blair Witch Project when it launches in the U.K. and Ireland early in 2012, the online video streaming giant confirmed Monday.
But Netflix gave no indication of its pricing or schedule for its next international roll out after Canada, indicating only a “low” monthly fee for its upcoming U.K. and Ireland subscription service.
The multi-year deal with Lionsgate U.K. will see Netflix stream movie titles from the Vancouver-based mini-studio on TV sets, tablets, game consoles and computers.
Netflix announced in October that it expand to the U.K. and Ireland markets early next year, where it will meet competition from locals Lovefilm and Blinkbox.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Bryan Singer, 'X-Men' Director, Calls Suit A 'Sick, Twisted Shakedown'
- The Club 47 Folk Revival Explores the Iconic History of Old Cambridge Folk Club
- Jack Kilmer Talks 'Palo Alto,' His Acting Career And Growing Up With Famous Parents
- Lupita Nyong'o and America's Complicated Relationship With Beauty