Netflix Makes Lionsgate U.K. Streaming Deal Official
The U.S. video streaming giant confirms it will be streaming classic movie titles like "Dirty Dancing" and "Blair Witch Project" when it launches in the U.K. and Ireland early next year.
TORONTO - Netflix will be streaming Lionsgate movie titles like Dirty Dancing and Blair Witch Project when it launches in the U.K. and Ireland early in 2012, the online video streaming giant confirmed Monday.
But Netflix gave no indication of its pricing or schedule for its next international roll out after Canada, indicating only a “low” monthly fee for its upcoming U.K. and Ireland subscription service.
The multi-year deal with Lionsgate U.K. will see Netflix stream movie titles from the Vancouver-based mini-studio on TV sets, tablets, game consoles and computers.
Netflix announced in October that it expand to the U.K. and Ireland markets early next year, where it will meet competition from locals Lovefilm and Blinkbox.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Third Person' Trailer Shows Mila Kunis, Olivia Wilde, Liam Neeson Feeling Everything
- AMC's Hit Reality Show 'Small Town Security' Is Back For Season 3
- Bride Gives Groom 'Ghostbusters' Cake, Proves That She's A Keeper
- Ted Neeley, Original 'Jesus Christ Superstar,' Hopes Pope Francis Will Come To The Musical