Netflix: Subscribers Can Create Profiles for Kids, Parents
Family members sharing the same account will now each get a personalized experience.
Sharing your Netflix subscription with your friends and family members? No problem.
Netflix will now let subscribers create as many as five separate profiles for each person using the service, at no additional charge.
Each profile will provide the user with a personalized Netflix experience based on his or her watching habits, favorite shows and genres. Each profile can also be connected to a different Facebook account. This feature will make it easier for parents to separate kids programming from Netflix's more mature offerings, presumably by creating profiles for their kids reflecting their favorite shows.
This development had been rumored for weeks, but the Internet TV network made it official Thursday. The profiles feature will start rolling out on Thursday and will be available to all members within two weeks.
"Now everyone in your home can have their own Netflix experience built around the TV shows and movies they enjoy," Netflix Chief Product Officer Neil Hunt said in a statement. "No longer will your Netflix suggestions be mixed up with those of your kids, a significant other, roommates or house guests."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'