Networks Declare War on Ratings
Moguls want a week (or a month?) to count, as overnights dwindle and ad buyers fear a DVR shakedown.
Forget live-plus-3 or live-plus-7 -- how about "live-plus-29"? As debate rages in the television business over time-shifted ratings, ABC quietly has asked Nielsen to look at how much TV viewing goes on in DVR homes up to 29 days after a show airs.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- MEXICAN DIRECTOR AMAT ESCALANTE SPEAKS ABOUT BEING ON MARTIN SCORSESE'S JURY IN MARRAKECH
- Grammy Nominees List 2014: Jay Z, Kendrick Lamar, Justin Timberlake Among Honored Artists
- Grammy 2014 Nominations Include Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Jay Z And Kendrick Lamar
- Jay Z's 9 Grammys Nominations Top All Artists