New 24-Hour Latin Alternative Radio Station to Launch with Live Set By Los Lobos
The station is scheduled to launch on Nov. 13 and will stream at LatinAlt.org.
A 24-hour Latin alternative radio station is scheduled to launch on Nov. 13 and will stream at LatinAlt.org with a live launch set by the venerable Los Lobos.
In partnership with California State University Northridge’s triple A format public radio station, programming will feature several forms of Latin alternative music including rock, EDM, indie pop, classic rock en Español, among others.
“We know there is no other station in Los Angeles that serves the Latin Alternative marketplace, so the creation of a 24-hour format for our HD2 channel and website is long overdue,” said Sky Daniels, general manager, KCSN at California State University, Northridge’s public radio station, in a statement. “We recognize that emerging artists in the Latin Alternative format deserve support, and that they often have large English-speaking fan bases in the United States who do not listen to Spanish-language radio. "
KCSN is partnering with Josh Norek and Ernesto Lechner of the The Latin Alternative. Norek and Lechner have a nationally syndicated one-hour public radio show, which airs Thursdays at 9 p.m. on 88.5 KCSN-FM in Los Angeles.
“We have seen growing interest in Latin Alternative music among English speakers for years, as evidenced by the fact that our show ‘The Latin Alternative’ now airs on more than 30 radio stations across the country,” Norek said. “But the commitment by KCSN and Cal State Northridge to make this a 24/7 format with HD2 and online broadcasts is truly unprecedented."
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'