New 24-Hour Latin Alternative Radio Station to Launch with Live Set By Los Lobos
The station is scheduled to launch on Nov. 13 and will stream at LatinAlt.org.
A 24-hour Latin alternative radio station is scheduled to launch on Nov. 13 and will stream at LatinAlt.org with a live launch set by the venerable Los Lobos.
In partnership with California State University Northridge’s triple A format public radio station, programming will feature several forms of Latin alternative music including rock, EDM, indie pop, classic rock en Español, among others.
“We know there is no other station in Los Angeles that serves the Latin Alternative marketplace, so the creation of a 24-hour format for our HD2 channel and website is long overdue,” said Sky Daniels, general manager, KCSN at California State University, Northridge’s public radio station, in a statement. “We recognize that emerging artists in the Latin Alternative format deserve support, and that they often have large English-speaking fan bases in the United States who do not listen to Spanish-language radio. "
KCSN is partnering with Josh Norek and Ernesto Lechner of the The Latin Alternative. Norek and Lechner have a nationally syndicated one-hour public radio show, which airs Thursdays at 9 p.m. on 88.5 KCSN-FM in Los Angeles.
“We have seen growing interest in Latin Alternative music among English speakers for years, as evidenced by the fact that our show ‘The Latin Alternative’ now airs on more than 30 radio stations across the country,” Norek said. “But the commitment by KCSN and Cal State Northridge to make this a 24/7 format with HD2 and online broadcasts is truly unprecedented."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)