New 24-Hour Latin Alternative Radio Station to Launch with Live Set By Los Lobos
The station is scheduled to launch on Nov. 13 and will stream at LatinAlt.org.
A 24-hour Latin alternative radio station is scheduled to launch on Nov. 13 and will stream at LatinAlt.org with a live launch set by the venerable Los Lobos.
In partnership with California State University Northridge’s triple A format public radio station, programming will feature several forms of Latin alternative music including rock, EDM, indie pop, classic rock en Español, among others.
“We know there is no other station in Los Angeles that serves the Latin Alternative marketplace, so the creation of a 24-hour format for our HD2 channel and website is long overdue,” said Sky Daniels, general manager, KCSN at California State University, Northridge’s public radio station, in a statement. “We recognize that emerging artists in the Latin Alternative format deserve support, and that they often have large English-speaking fan bases in the United States who do not listen to Spanish-language radio. "
KCSN is partnering with Josh Norek and Ernesto Lechner of the The Latin Alternative. Norek and Lechner have a nationally syndicated one-hour public radio show, which airs Thursdays at 9 p.m. on 88.5 KCSN-FM in Los Angeles.
“We have seen growing interest in Latin Alternative music among English speakers for years, as evidenced by the fact that our show ‘The Latin Alternative’ now airs on more than 30 radio stations across the country,” Norek said. “But the commitment by KCSN and Cal State Northridge to make this a 24/7 format with HD2 and online broadcasts is truly unprecedented."
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Week’s Best Game of Thrones Reader Comments: ‘The Lion and the Rose’
- Douglas Coupland on Being a Visual Artist, the ‘Torture’ of Interviews, and Unintended Side Effects
- Alan Thicke on His New Reality Sitcom and Being ‘Considerably More Boring Than Jason Seaver’
- 6 Forgotten Teen Films of the Late ’90s and Early ’00s