New A+E Networks Italy Appoints Fox Exec Salvetti as Managing Director
The Italian subsidiary will be the broadcaster's first wholly owned unit in Europe.
ROME – Sherin Salvetti has been appointed the first managing director of A+E Networks Italy, the broadcaster announced Wednesday.
Salvetti currently is senior vice president for factual and channel services for Fox International Channels in Italy. Before that, Salvetti worked for Italian state broadcaster RAI.
A+E Networks first announced the creation of an Italy unit on Monday. The company said it would launch a new Crime + Investigation program on Sky-Italia starting Dec. 16 and would take over History Italy early next year. Nancy Dubuc, president and CEO of A+E Networks, said the Italian unit would be its first wholly owned operation in Europe.
The appointment of Salvetti is a key step in getting A+E Networks Italy up and running, according to Dean Possenniskie, managing director for A+E Networks in Europe.
"[Salvetti] is a 25-year industry veteran with a unique understanding of the Italian TV landscape, and we're thrilled to have her at the helm," Possenniskie said.
Said Salvetti: "I look forward to leading the local team in creating the full portfolio of A+E brands in Italy."
A+E Networks Italy, a joint venture of the Disney-ABC television group and the Hearst Corporation, will be broadcast by Sky Italia.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)