New 'Anchorman 2' Trailers: 'That Is Gonna Make One Hell of a Story' (Video)
UPDATED: The latest looks at the Paramount sequel include a wild road trip, Harrison Ford, and the news team covering crack and silicone breast implants.
Two new trailers for Paramount's Anchorman sequel have debuted online: a new U.S. clip and a U.K. look.
The U.S. trailer finds Will Ferrell's Ron Burgundy and the Channel 4 news team on an unexpectedly harrowing road trip.
Cruising down the highway in a van, Burgundy, Brian Fantana (Paul Rudd), Champ Kind (David Koechner), Brick Tamland (Steve Carell) and Baxter are all sitting in the back, as Burgundy announces that the car's on cruise control.
After Fantana notes that cruise control only regulates speed, it doesn't steer, the van is shown swerving across lanes of traffic and toppling over as it rolls off the side of the road.
Amidst the chaos, a bunch of bowling balls and scorpions ("it's a crazy story," Burgundy says) get loose and careen around the van, injuring the news team, who are subsequently shown arriving at cable news network GNN sporting casts and bandages.
There, Burgundy and Co. struggle to understand their new black and gay colleagues and, in the case of Carell's dim Brick, the green-screen weather map.
That trailer also features more soon-to-be-classic moments from Carell's character including him showing up at his own funeral only to be told he's not dead.
In the U.K. trailer, viewers get their first glimpse of Harrison Ford's character and sees how the news team covers the emergence of crack and silicone breast implants.
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues hits theaters Dec. 20.
Countdown to the Oscars
- Sandra Bullock to Make $70 Million (At Least) for 'Gravity'
- '12 Years a Slave': Solomon Northup's Descendants Gather for THR Photo Shoot, Reflect on His Legacy
- 20 Feet From Movie Stardom: The Overlooked Story of Hollywood's Greatest Extra
- Six Top Directors on Fighting With Studios, Firing Actors and Quitting Film School
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- What Happened To Best Original Song? Not Even Adele Can Make It Culturally Relevant
- Friday Potpourri: Hannibal..More Pompeii...Terrence McNally's New Play...Late Night With -- Almost Everybody! And Why Is Justin Bieber Such a Bad Boy?
- Should You See The 'Super-Sized R-Rated Version' Of 'Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues'?
- Kim Kardashian Targeted In Blackface Incident At Vienna Ball