New ESPN Book 'Those Guys Have All the Fun' Reveals Keith Olbermann Pay Drama; Strife at 'SportsCenter'
"I was enraged. There was no choice but to get rid of him," says ESPN chairman Herb Granat in excerpt of Tom Shales and James Andrew Miller history.
According to an excerpt in GQ magazine from Those Guys Have All the Fun, the much-anticipated new oral history of ESPN by Tom Shales and James Andrew Miller, the hiring of Keith Olbermann in 1992 was a watershed moment for the network that was destined to end badly. The overall picture of ESPN is at odds with the funny and chummy This Is Sportscenter ad campaign that has done so much to brand the network's image.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR