New 'Friday the 13th' gets female lead
Danielle Panabaker has been cast as the female lead in the new "Friday the 13th" film, which Marcus Nispel is directing for Platinum Dunes. The horror flick is a negative pickup for New Line.
Also joining the cast like lambs to the slaughter are Jonathan Sadowski, Travis van Winkle and Aaron Yoo.
The project, an update of the popular horror series featuring the goalie mask-wielding killer Jason, already features Jared Padalecki in the cast.
Panabaker is playing the adventurous, athletic girlfriend of van Winkle, who plays a rich alpha male type that gathers everyone together.
Yoo's character, named Chumbler, is a guy who's a little quirky and has a tendency to wear his attraction to pretty girls on his sleeve. Sadowski plays a techie who knows the horrific history of Camp Crystal Lake.
Van Winkle, repped by Gersh and Freeze Frame, most recently appeared in "Meet the Spartans." Yoo, repped by Gersh and Blue Ridge, appeared in "Disturbia," and Sadowski next appears in "Spring Breakdown." He is repped by WMA and Essential.
Panabaker most recently appeared opposite Kevin Costner in "Mr. Brooks." She's repped by CAA, Management 360 and attorney Patrick Knapp.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Lindsay Lohan Misses Her AA Meeting, Blames Paparazzi On Premiere Of OWN Series (VIDEO)
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed