New 'Jack The Giant Slayer' Trailer Offers Much More Action (Video)
Monstrous ogres, over-sized battle sequences and a slew of special effects can be found in the latest footage of the Bryan Singer's next film.
A new trailer for Jack the Giant Slayer is emphasizing swords over seeds.
A retelling of the classic children's fable, the film Nicholas Hoult's poor farmhand Jack as he unwittingly unlocks the gate to another world and reignites an ancient war. After accidently planting a magical bean capable of creating a bridge of enormous plant-like proportions to a realm filled with revenge-ready giants, Jack volunteers to join the rescue mission for the princess of his kingdom, who is stranded high up the beanstalk thanks to his own carelessness.
In this latest trailer for director Bryan Singer's romp prominently features the angry, oversized ogres and showing new clips of battle sequences once the giants arrive on earth. From flaming trees being catapulted in the air to weapon-wielding menace-giants, the new footage eases away from whimsical comedy and instead, packs on the death defying adventure.
Eleanor Tomlinson, Stanley Tucci, Ian McShane, Bill Nighy and Ewan McGregor also star.
Jack the Giant Slayer is set to hit theaters on March 1.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'True Detective' Deleted Scene: Rust and Lori Break Up
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Crushes Things In A Giant Tank For A Good Cause
- 'Of Many' Film Produced By Chelsea Clinton To Premier At Tribeca Film Festival, Featuring Muslim-Jewish Relations
- The 'High School Musical' Song Ranking You've Been Waiting For