New Jersey Declares James Gandolfini Day with 'Sopranos' Cast
Park Ridge also dedicated a section of Park Avenue to the late actor on Dec. 1, a date declared as James Gandolfini Day.
PARK RIDGE, N.J. (AP) — Cast members of The Sopranos were on hand over the weekend as a New Jersey town remembered native son James Gandolfini.
Park Ridge dedicated a section of Park Avenue to the actor best known for his role as mobster Tony Soprano in the TV series. Gandolfini died in Italy in June.
Cast members Steve Schirripa, Vincent Curatola, Tony Sirico, Dominic Chianese, Vincent Pastore and John Ventimiglia were among the hundreds of people who turned out Sunday -- declared "James Gandolfini Day" by the Borough Council -- in the northern New Jersey town where Gandolfini grew up and returned often.
The Record newspaper reports that Gandolfini's 14-year-old son, Michael, said he would never forget eating with his father at a nearby diner. He said his father told him about every place in the town.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Lindsay Lohan Misses Her AA Meeting, Blames Paparazzi On Premiere Of OWN Series (VIDEO)
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed