New Jersey Declares James Gandolfini Day with 'Sopranos' Cast
Park Ridge also dedicated a section of Park Avenue to the late actor on Dec. 1, a date declared as James Gandolfini Day.
PARK RIDGE, N.J. (AP) — Cast members of The Sopranos were on hand over the weekend as a New Jersey town remembered native son James Gandolfini.
Park Ridge dedicated a section of Park Avenue to the actor best known for his role as mobster Tony Soprano in the TV series. Gandolfini died in Italy in June.
Cast members Steve Schirripa, Vincent Curatola, Tony Sirico, Dominic Chianese, Vincent Pastore and John Ventimiglia were among the hundreds of people who turned out Sunday -- declared "James Gandolfini Day" by the Borough Council -- in the northern New Jersey town where Gandolfini grew up and returned often.
The Record newspaper reports that Gandolfini's 14-year-old son, Michael, said he would never forget eating with his father at a nearby diner. He said his father told him about every place in the town.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR