New 'Magic Mike' Trailer Strips Out Emotion for Dancing (Video)
The latest promo for the Steven Soderbergh-directed male stripper film knows what the audience is looking for.
There will be a time when the emotional arc -- Channing Tatum's dual love of Cody Horn and designing furniture, as seen in the first trailer -- will play an important part in Magic Mike. Namely, when critics see the film. Until then, however, it's pretty clear what goods the promotional campaign will deliver.
The cast of fit men, stripping down to thongs.
The international trailer for Steven Soderbergh's film -- which is based on Tatum's true life story -- largely emphasizes the house calls and strip bars in which the cast, comprised of Tatum, Alex Pettyfer, Matt Bomer, Joe Manganiello, and Matthew McConaughey, repeatedly peel off their pants (conveniently buttoned for easy removal) and shirts to reveal rippling bodies for women who are screaming in excitement.
For now, that's certainly enough to draw some major buzz. The film will open at the LA Film Festival.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR