New Movie Reviews: 'Super 8,' 'Judy Moody and the Not Bummer Summer' in Theaters This Weekend
Wondering which film to go see this weekend? Check out what THR's critics say about the movies opening Friday.
Moviegoers have several options to choose from this weekend.
On Friday, Elle Fanning stars in Super 8, a science fiction adventure centered on film geek kids in small-town 1979 America, directed and written by J.J. Abrams and produced by Steven Spielberg.
Meanwhile, Judy Moody and the Not Bummer Summer, directed by John Schultz, follows the adventures of a third grader, played by Australian newcomer Jordana Beatty, who is determined to have a "mega-cool" summer; Heather Graham co-stars.
See what The Hollywood Reporter's critics have to say about those films -- and others opening this weekend -- and find out how they're expected to perform at the weekend box office.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR