New 'Nikita' set for CW
Net also orders drama from 'Gilmore Girls' creator
Some familiar names might be coming to the CW.
The network has picked up two pilots: an update of the 1990s action thriller "La Femme Nikita" and a family drama from "Gilmore Girls" creator Amy Sherman-Palladino.
The French film "Nikita," about a young criminal trained to be an assassin by a top-secret government organization, was originally made by Luc Besson in 1990, then remade in 1993 as a U.S. film starring Bridget Fonda titled "Point of No Return." The story was launched as a TV series in 1997 on USA Network.
"Nikita" will give the CW its first nonsupernatural action drama. In this version, Nikita goes rogue, and a new assassin is trained to replace her.
McG ("Terminator Salvation," "Human Target") will executive produce the "Nikita" remake with Peter Johnson and Craig Silverstein (episodes of "Bones," "K-Ville"), who will write and executive produce. "CSI" director Danny Cannon has signed on to helm the pilot. The show is from Warner Bros. and Wonderland Prods.
The CW also is ordering an untitled family drama set on a Wyoming horse farm that returns "Gilmore Girls" husband-and-wife producing team Sherman-Palladino and Dan Palladino to the network.
The Wyoming project is from Warner Bros. and CBS TV Studio.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game