New Regency President of Production Exits After 8 Months
UPDATED: A search is already underway for Carla Hacken's replacement.
Carla Hacken, who joined New Regency as president of production eight months ago from Fox 2000, is abruptly exiting the company.
New Regency president Brad Weston issued an internal memo informing staff of Hacken's departure.
"I am writing to let you know that Carla Hacken, our president of production, is leaving the company effective this week," Weston wrote. "A search is underway for a new president of production to lead our very strong team, and we look forward to updating you as we approach a decision."
Hacken's suprise exit comes as New Regency's Arnon Milchan and Weston continue to tweak their executive ranks, including bringing in widely respected studio executive Valerie Van Galder to run marketing earlier this month. The company also has hired Tim Clawson has executive vp and head of physical production.
Hacken was a longtime production at Fox 2000. She also is a former agent.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'