New Wilco Single Arrives; Album Title Revealed
Listen to "I Might," the first single off the band's forthcoming album "The Whole Love," due out in September.
Alt-country troubadours Wilco headlined their own Solid Sound Festival in North Adams Massachusetts this past weekend where they were selling the 7-inch vinyl version of a new single called "I Might." The B-side: a cover of Nick Lowe's "I Love My Label," an apt choice considering the band recently severed ties with the major label system, forming their own record company, dBpm, with distribution by ANTI- (Tom Waits, Neko Case).
"I Might" marks the first single from the band's forthcoming album, revealed to be titled The Whole Love, which is due out in September. A limited edition blue vinyl version of the track is available for pre-order through Wilco's online store and the ANTI- store. A classic black vinyl version will also be sold through traditional retailers starting July 19. Both come with a complimentary download.
The organ-accented stomper finds frontman Jeff Tweedy in familiar territory: melding fuzzy pop with americana and packing punch into each lyric and melodic turn. Listen to a stream below courtesy of Stereogum and check out the B-side at tribute portal Cover Me.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR