New Yahoo CEO Gets Compensation Package With 2012 Target Value of $27 Million
Scott Thompson's employment agreement does not have a specified term, a regulatory filing shows.
NEW YORK - New Yahoo CEO Scott Thompson will receive an annual base salary of $1 million and a bonus with a target amount of $2 million as part of a compensation package that has a target value of $27 million in 2012.
In a regulatory filing late Friday, the online company said that he is guaranteed at least 50 percent of his 2012 target bonus, but the final amount will be determined by its board's compensation committee based on Yahoo's financial performance.
The filing also disclosed that Yahoo is paying the former PayPal president $1.5 million cash bonus for the forfeiture of a cash bonus and equity awards from his previous employer. The new CEO will also get make-whole restricted stock units worth $6.5 million.
In addition, Thompson is also be eligible for annual equity grants, with the 2012 target value for those grants being $11 million, according to the filing. Plus, he will receive a one-time inducement grant worth $5 million, it said.
His employment agreement "does not have a specified term, and Mr. Thompson’s employment with the company will be on an at-will basis,'" according to the filing.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama
- 'X-Men' Director Bryan Singer Accused of Sexually Abusing Underage Boy
- Jennifer Lopez is a Sexy Slice of Orange on 'American Idol'!
- Justin Bieber Makes Time to Show His Gratitude To Fans in Beverly Hills!