New 'Zero Theorem' Trailer: Christoph Waltz Searches for the Meaning of Life (Video)
The latest look at Terry Gilliam's new film has debuted online.
A bald Christoph Waltz is searching for the meaning of life and trying to forge a connection with a blonde sex worker played by Melanie Thierry in the latest look at Terry Gilliam's The Zero Theorem.
The film focuses on Waltz's character, a reclusive computer genius, who's working on a mysterious project aimed at discovering the purpose of existence. In the latest trailer, he is shown grappling with existential angst and forcing his way through the film's chaotic, candy-colored world, designed to represent a commercialized future.
He is then taken to work on the zero theorem of the film's title, with its instruction that "0 must equal 100" repeated throughout the rest of the clip, and introduced to Thierry's character.
The rest of the trailer alternates between scenes where Waltz's character is happy with Thierry's character on a beach (which she tells him is all in his mind) and struggling to solve the zero theorem, shouting, "Why would you want to prove that all is for nothing?"
The film, which was produced by Voltage Pictures, doesn't yet have a U.S. distributor or release date. But it has already screened at the Venice and London film festivals.
Watch the full trailer below.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10