Newlywed Paul McCartney Announces Tour
The former Beatles singer will hit the road next month with dates in Liverpool, London, Europe, Russia and Abu Dhabi.
LONDON - He may just have married for the third time, but former Beatle Paul McCartney isn't settling down to a quiet life. Fresh from walking down the aisle with trucking heiress Nancy Shevell, the singer songwriter has announced plans for an 11-date tour to begin next month.
His On The Run tour will play dates in Russia, Europe, London and his hometown of Liverpool as well as the United Arab Emirates. It will wrap up in the Beatles home city of Liverpool with a performance at the Echo Arena on Dec. 20 with tickets due to go on sale on Thursday.
"Playing live is one of the most exciting parts of my job," the singer said in a statement announcing the tour.
"My audiences seem to get better each year and the band and I love the buzz and feedback they give us."
The 69-year-old married Shevell at Marylebone Registry office in London in front of guests including Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone Ronnie Wood and musician Jools Holland.
Fans queued for hours to catch a glimpse of the couple, who married in the same spot that McCartney had wed his first wife Linda more than 40 years ago. The bride wore a knee-length ivory silk dress designed by Stella McCartney and the groom told gathered fans "I feel absolutely wonderful."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack