News Corp. Board Reiterates 'Full Confidence' in Rupert Murdoch
The expression of support for the chairman and CEO comes a day after a parliamentary committee questioned the mogul's fitness to lead a major company.
LONDON - The board of News Corp. reiterated Wednesday that it has "full confidence in Rupert Murdoch's fitness and support for his continuing to lead News Corporation into the future as its chairman and CEO."
The board said it based its vote of confidence on Murdoch’s "vision and leadership in building News Corporation, his ongoing performance as chairman and CEO and his demonstrated resolve to address the mistakes of the company identified in the select committee’s report."
On Tuesday, a U.K. parliamentary committee had said that Murdoch wasn't fit to run a major international corporation.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR