News Corp. CEO Rupert Murdoch, Son James to Appear in Front of Phone Hacking Panel Next Week
The so-called Leveson Inquiry, funded by the U.K. government, has published the media moguls' names on a witness list for Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
LONDON -- News Corp. chairman and CEO Rupert Murdoch and his son, deputy COO James Murdoch, will give oral evidence in front of the U.K. government's phone hacking and media standards investigation panel next week.
The so-called Leveson Inquiry published their names on a witness list.
Funded by the government, it has been exploring "the culture, practices and ethics of the British press" following the phone hacking scandal at News Corp.'s U.K. newspaper unit News International.
The witness list for next week, posted online Thursday, mentioned James Murdoch as being set for questioning all day on April 24. His father is scheduled to appear Wednesday and, if needed, Thursday.
The Murdochs were expected to be questioned in May. Earlier on Thursday, it emerged that a final phone hacking report from members of Parliament was targeted for a May 1 release.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!
- Lupita Nyong'o Hugs Stylist Micaela Erlanger for THR's Top Stylists Issue, Kristen Stewart & More Featured!
- Leslie Mann Supports PaleyFest Icon Award Honoree Judd Apatow!
- Cara Delevingne & Kate Moss Team Up for New Burberry Fragrance Campaign!