News Corp.-Owned U.K. TV Production Banner Shine Launches Global Brand Division
Shine 360° to capitilize on ‘MasterChef’ and ‘The Biggest Loser’ properties.
LONDON – U.K. television production banner Shine, run by Elisabeth Murdoch and sold to her father Rupert Murdoch’scompany News Corp. for $675 million in April this year, is launching a group-wide global brand and commercial rights division.
Named Shine 360°, the division aims to bolster the management and commercialisation of non-broadcast rights for Shine Group properties on a global basis.
Shine Australia’s Ben Liebmann, who will relocate to London in January 2012, will land to run the start-up division.
He will report to Shine Group President Alex Mahon.
Shine said the division is based on the business unit originally created and operated by Shine Australia for the last nine months.
Shine 360° will focus on the “development and commercialisation of Shine Group properties across existing areas of sponsorship, brand partnerships, consumer products, interactive and digital brand extensions, live events and brand-funded entertainment,” the company said.
Shows such as The Biggest Loser and MasterChef will feature at the heart of the plans.
MasterChef has generated over $100 million worldwide in global retail sales, with extensions across books and magazine publishing, cookware, sponsorship, mobile and tablet applications, and live events.
The Biggest Loser has seen over 15 million products sold and $400 million generated in global revenue raised through sales of workout DVDs, global publishing, online weight-loss management services, fitness console gaming, and numerous heath-based food, drink and supplement ranges.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws