News Corp. Unveils Post-Split Logo Based on Rupert Murdoch's Handwriting
Robert Thomson, the CEO of the publishing firm that will retain the company name after the separation, says new News Corp. has "a wonderfully exciting future."
Rupert Murdoch's News Corp. unveiled a new logo on Tuesday that the future publishing company will use after the conglomerate's split in late June.
The logo for the new News Corp., which will house the conglomerate's publishing businesses after the separation of 21st Century Fox, was released before the start of an investor day, which will include appearances from Murdoch and CEO Robert Thomson.
The new logo will be "our emblem for this future," Thomson said in a staff memo. "The name is historic and the script is based on the writing of Rupert and his father who have provided us all with not only a name, but a remarkable professional platform."
"We are a new company with a proud history and a wonderfully exciting future," Thomson said in the memo. "From the moment of our inception on June 28, we will be a business of incredible scale and success, an unrivaled global network of valuable, powerful and complementary brands."
He argued that these brands, a healthy balance sheet and "our well-known relentless, restless spirit of invention pave the way for our bright future."
The motto at the top of the memo read: "Passionate. Principled. Purposeful." 21st Century Fox had previously unveiled its new logo.
The CEO said that creativity will be a key element of the new company. It "is not the charge of the few, but the mission of us all," he said. "We will cultivate a start-up sensibility even though we already work for the world’s most established and prestigious diversified media and information services company."
He also said that the new News Corp. has three objectives: "creating great content; delivering great content; and selling great content."
Key will be "continued aggressive digital expansion, as well as innovation and new initiatives within even our most well-established market and sector leaders," Thomson said. "We will boldly try new businesses and models, unafraid to learn, confident of overall success together. We have a tremendous track record of breakthroughs in places discounted or disregarded by others, and our future will be no different."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Zosia Mamet Attends 'Hand To God' Opening Night with Boyfriend Evan Jonigkeit!
- Rita Ora Rocks Sexy Pink Bodysuit for L.A. Music Video Shoot!
- Shirtless Josh Henderson's Six Pack is Unreal in Op's Latest Campaign with Bikini-Clad Nina Agdal!
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!